Another week. Another grant rejection.
Meanwhile, I'm starting to seriously work on the one grant I do have, and looking at the money. And right away, once I started to look at how the money was divided into all the different categories (operating, travel, scholarships, etc.), I found a $6,000 mistake. Money got stuck in the wrong category. Should be fixed now, but this is why I've been telling people, "The fun and easy part (selecting the students) is over now. Now we actually have to spend the money."
And in another meanwhile, a recent email from a journal I submitted to boasted of an average time of 35 days from submission to decision. I am sorry to be running the average up, since my manuscript is still waiting on a decision at about 100 days and counting.