- How many would take me up on it? (My suspicion is that nobody would.)
- How many would not take me up on it because they think they can do better?
- How many would not take it because they think it’s a trap? (Sadly, I think more students would fall into this category than the former.)
- How many would regret not taking it by the end of the semester?
- How much trouble I’d get in for trying it?
31 August 2009
First day of class speculation
If I went into class today on the first day of the Fall semester, and said to students, “Anyone who wants a passing grade can give me their name and student number, and I’ll give them a D for the class on the spot,” I wonder...