07 May 2010

Crustacean nociception: Elsewhere

I’ve been shamelessly self-promoting our recent crustacean nociception paper (Puri & Faulkes 2010). But I’m pleased that other people have noticed it, and even written about it. I’m going to use this post to compile responses; if more links come in, I’ll update this post.

The indefatigable Bora Zivkovich gave us featured spot in his regular “New and exciting in PLoS ONEupdate. Bora also mentioned the follow-up posts in EveryeONE, commenting:

How I wish more authors blogged about the background stories of their discoveries!

You’re welcome, Bora. ;)

I’m completely tickled that Dr. Scicurious featured the paper on Neurotopia, and talked a bit about the importance of negative results. I think I can say this on behalf of both my co-author and me: Scicurious, we ♥ you! (Her completion of doctorate celebratory ink is pictured; read more about it here.)

Weirdly, Sci’s post came very shortly before another, completely independent post on the paper that first got my name in the scientific literature (if you look very closely) appeared in The Thoughtful Animal blog. So the same day saw fellow bloggers writing about the very first and very latest things in my scientific career. Which was a very odd coincindence.

The Thoughtful Animal was also kind enough to give a plug for the nociception paper under the headings of “Awesome Things, Science and Otherwise.” Right back atcha!

Finally, I’m not above plugging this paper on my other blogs. In particular, I used a couple of posters we gave about this research as examples of things to do – and not do! – over at the Better Posters blog.

Reference

Puri S, Faulkes Z. 2010. Do decapod crustaceans have nociceptors for extreme pH? PLoS ONE 5(4): e10244. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0010244

Related posts

No comments: