- Late July: LabSpaces expands significantly.
- 2 August: Scientopia.
- 18 August: ScienceBlogging.com.
- 31 August: Guardian blogs.
- 1 September: PLoS blogs.
This prompted Ed Yong to comment:
I hear that the drunk guy in the park with a traffic cone is launching his own science blogging network...
Today, I am that drunk guy in the park with a traffic cone.
- 2 September: The SciZen blog network launches!
It’s a small network, consisting of three blogs for now:
- NeuroDojo: The blog you’re reading now. Brains, behaviour, and evolution are favourite topics.
- Better Posters: A blog devoted to the elimination of ugly posters at science conferences.
- Marmorkrebs: A bit of a niche blog, covering the remarkable marbled crayfish.
Some of you might say, “But Zen! That’s not a network – those are all just blogs you’re already writing!”
Yeah, well, sort of.
You can’t blame an independent boy for trying to get a little attention in the days of Borg blogging, now, can you?