In this interview, my co-author on the nociception paper, Sakshi Puri, talks a bit about getting emails from PETA. When we published our paper, I blogged about my worries that there would be some people who would not like it regardless of what the paper actually says. I was disappointed to learn I was right, after the amount of effort we put into the paper to prevent misunderstandings.
For the record, if any of you have a problem with my research, please include me in that conversation.
There are 80 other interviews in this series. For fellow neuroethologists, some that might be particularly interesting include:
- David Perkel on bird song
- Karen Bales on primate bonding
- Peter Narins on acoustic communication
- Mike Smotherman on bat vocalizations
- Suzana Herculano-Houzel on comparative brain sizes
- Brenton Cooper on bird song development
Mine was so enjoyable and the questions were so good, I plan go back and listen to a lot of episodes in their back catalog.