She’s quick, funny, genuine, and inquisitive. In short, she’s awesome.
“Canopy Meg”, as she’s known, gave a wide ranging talk on my campus last night. She talked about...
- How she met Tommy Hilfinger.
- Taking kids out into the field.
- How she wrote a book that her colleagues told her not to write (that ended up being on the cover of the New York Times Review of Books).
- Her work with Coptic churches in Ethiopia to restore forests.
- Her interest in crowdfunding and social media and technology.
- Her new job as director of the Nature Research Center in North Carolina.
Whew! Just listening to her was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. An amazing set of stories!
If you get a chance to see her, do not miss it.