16 September 2024

Big blue sky

 

Bluesky user DoctorZen #265,499 - First 10% Certified Bluesky Elder

Bluesky is become my main social media platform now.

I mean, they called me an “elder”! Not just in an, “Wow, you old” way. In a nice way!

Yes, Threads has picked up, and I still poke around Mastodon sometimes, but Bluesky has left me feeling... nice? As of right now, it probably has more of the online science crowd. The developers seem to be making decent decisions. And it’s not overrun with ads and company accounts. I’m sure those last will come, eventually, but not yet.

I will probably start to occasionally pull from Bluesky and write about it in the way as I have done before, but I don’t want to add another tag to my blog. I will be using “Twitter” as the tag for my social media posts here on the blog. Because from my current point of view, that tag is more about the microblogging format now than about the specific platform.

P.S.— Blusky game now is to see who’s enrollment number is a prime. Mine isn’t, but 265,499 is 13 squared times 1,571. Pretty good.

No comments: