16 February 2004

“Work harder!”

So far today I have given two lectures on cellular respiration; walked over copies of job candidates' CVs to administration; arranged a golf cart for our job candidate who has a bum knee; wrote a draft course outline for a new class I want to teach (titled "Sex") while the curriculum committee was meeting (not an optimal strategy, but this is the price you pay for trying to relax on Valentine's Day weekend); searched for and revising a proposal for a "Neurobiology methods" course I want to create (again, while the curriculum committee was meeting); packed up and mailed two manuscripts to the Journal of Comparative Physiology A from contributers to my ABS symposium; issued ultimatums to authors who missed the deadline for their Journal of Comparative Physiology A symposium manuscripts (few things cheer me up like writing an ultimatum); talked to one of my Honors students about his research project; did a first proofreading of my most recent manuscript in press (yay!); set up a quiz for a student who couldn't take it when he was supposed to; and am just about to meet with our job candidate, then go to a social mixer for her; collect ballots for the department's choice of job candidate for two positions; and teach another lecture tonight.

I think brushing teeth and eating lunch were in there somewhere, too. Maybe even applying deordorant. I'm not sure.

No comments: