Things that a student heard at a workshop for students wanting to go into doctoral programs:
- A 3 page CV is too long.
- Ph.D. programs are looking for “well rounded students”, not people who are just focused on research, so not appearing “well rounded” is a weakness in a CV.
- Don’t include relevant classes that you have taken.
- Include clubs in your CV.
- Include community service in your CV, and volunteer activities.
- Don’t put so much research activities.
Additional: Reactions from Twitter: