09 February 2005

Chugging along

I've managed to get my butt into the lab the last couple of days and do a few things. First, I received some ascidians from Wood Hole Marine Biological Lab for some genetic experiments I'm doing with my student Joe. Luckily, these animals are reproductive, which means I might be able to get double duty out of them. Have also been working with my student Anna to try to get some labeling done with preserved ascidian embryos -- we'll see tomorrow if it has worked. Fingers crossed.

In other news, I have somehow manged to get myself slated to give three talks in as many weeks. First, I'll be giving a teaching and technology lunchtime seminar about my experience with wireless polling on 1 March. At the end of that week, I'll be giving a presentation (co-authored by my student Anna and my colleague Virginia) at the annual Texas Academy of Science meeting. Two weeks after that, I've set the wheel in motion to give a public lecture on neurobiology as part of Brain Awareness Week. I'll make it work, but I didn't quite realize how these were all going to pile up. This is what happens when my computer program, with my scheduling software, gets taken away... (No, my computer still isn't fixed. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.)

No comments: