13 March 2020

@IAmSciComm next week!


From 16-21 March, I will be hosting and curating the IAmSciComm Twitter account!

My schedule:

Date Topic
Monday, March 16, 2020 Why posters matter; show me your poster!
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Planning your poster
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Designing your poster
Thursday, March 19, 2020 Presenting your poster
Friday, March 20, 2020 SciComm while sciencing
Saturday, March 21, 2020 The randomizer!

When I signed up months ago, I was thinking primarily about starting to do content that would enhance awareness of my upcoming book about posters from Pelagic Publishing. And I have decided to stick with that original plan, since that was my pitch to the Twitter account’s head honchos.

Little did I know that the US would be in the grip of the global COVIC-19 pandemic. It is going to be an interesting time to talk about science communication. Crises are times where the need for excellent communication becomes absolutely life-saving. And we are not seeing from many offices and institutions that have traditionally done much better.

External links

I Am SciComm home page

No comments: