16 March 2009

Graffiti I agree with

Watch your stepSome time ago, I blogged about these safety signs. I think they’re dumb, because they’re just posted on regular old walkways, where the ground is not uneven. In fact, I would go so far as to say they are flat. Very flat. They have proper concrete sidewalks here, not dirt trails with leaves and branches sticking up all over the place.

The thing that Occupational Health and Safety offices seem to be unwilling to admit is that you cannot put up enough signs to prevent accidents. You just... can’t. They’re not willing to admit this, of course, because like so many offices in a bureaucracy, they feel they must be seen to be doing something regardless of whether there is any actual improvement. It’s the same principle that has made going through airport security so tedious.

So this made me laugh:

No comments: