25 March 2009

What am I going to write about after this?

The final debate among the Texas State Board of Education about the K-12 science standards starts today.

I’ve been thinking over the last couple of weeks: “What am I going to write about after this?” I’ve been blogging about the Texas science standards so much over the last year, and it’s been such a rich vein to mine... After this week, the science standards won’t be reviewed again for years.

I’m going to have to work harder to come up with more substantive blog posts.

While I’m here, I might as well mine the vein a little longer and point out an editorial in the Washington Post on the subject:

It’s disturbing enough that the Texas board of education might seek to impose its religious views on public school students in that sizable state. It’s even more alarming that the Lone Star State's textbook market is so large that many publishers write books to meet its standards and then sell them across the country.

No comments: