04 March 2009

Incoming publications


A week ago last Thursday, I got both copies of the reprints of my latest article. Yes, I know people are going to download the PDF of my article, but dang it, I still like having the paper reprints. The publisher, Karger, does such a nice job on them... If you would like a reprint, just email me and I'll stick it in the mail.

The same day, I also got an unexpected bonus: a copy of Sean Carroll’s Into the Jungle (see here describing his talk based on material in this book). I got sent a copy because the publisher is hoping to use it as a textbook or textbook supplement, I think.


Monday night, I found out that the Open Laboratory 2008 is now available for sale. Again, I know you can read every entry in their original form on blogs, but the editors did such a nice job on the compilation...


And finally, the actual issue that my latest review is in came into my mailbox yesterday.

2 comments:

Sarah F. said...

I'm reading "Into the Jungle" right now, and it's an entertaining quick read that is definitely geared for undergrads. I think it's probably even appropriate for a freshman forum type of class- the biology is very jargon-free and clearly described.

Zen Faulkes said...

One thing that happened with me is that several chapters dragged me way back to kidhood. I remembered reading about the discovery of Protoceratops and dinosaur eggs, and the finding of the coelocanth...

But even adult pro biologist that I am learned a lot of new stuff, too. Maybe I'll do a book review once I get it back from my student Sakshi.