26 October 2010

Who are the Society for Neuroscience bloggers?

My eyebrows went up when I saw the list of officially sanctioned bloggers for this year’s Society for Neuroscience meeting.

I didn’t recognize a single solitary one.

I don’t pretend to read all the neuroblogs, but I would have thought that I would have recognized somebody.

Luckily for me, Tideliar has investigated these bloggers, thus saving me an afternoon and evening of obsessive work. And his results are much like my first reaction: “Are you serious?”

As a dues-paying member of the society, I thought, “I wonder who I could give my input to to improve this?” But there doesn’t seem to be any clear contact point on the society’s committees.

3 comments:

Mike Mike said...

I also don't recognize a one. It was hard for me tell if this was because I was out of the loop. After clicking around, though, I just think that the SfN committee didn't have anybody who was familiar with blogging on it.

Jason said...

Did you apply? Maybe not many people applied and/or maybe many bloggers are not actually SFN members...

Zen Faulkes said...

I did not apply, because I'm not attending the meeting this year. My trip to the International Congress of Neuroethology was my big neuro trip for the year, and I can't manage another one.

Given the listing, I think I wouldn't have gotten far.