29 November 2010

Guest Blog post at Scientific American

The decade the clones came” is the title of a new post I wrote for Scientific American’s Guest Blog. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, so please check it out.

Writing a blog has one little disadvantage: it’s all in bits and pieces. When I was asked if I wanted to contribute to the guest blog, it occurred to me that this was a chance to pull a story about marbled crayfish together. That the first mention of Marmorkrebs on the CRUST-L list was about ten years ago was also a nice coincidence, and made me think that a cohesive retrospective would be worthwhile.

I’d like to thank Bora Zivkovic for the opportunity to pull the piece. Though I say it as a contributor now, Bora has done an fantastic job of getting top notch material for the Guest Blog. If you haven’t been reading it lately, you’re missing out on some good stuff. I’m proud to be part of it!

2 comments:

Mike Mike said...

You've dripped some code onto the last paragraph. Should I get you a napkin?

Also, congrats on getting on the SA appearance; it's a great article. It complemented your article on the search for Marmokreb Zero well, I thought!

Zen Faulkes said...

Hm. Not sure how that bit of code got in there. Fixed now. Thanks!

That the "Crayfish Zero" article and the Guest Blog post both came out today was not planned! Just a happy coincidence.