31 December 2009

Comments for second half of December 2009

Byte-size Biology posts octopus and coconut videos. Regular readers can probably guess what my response was, since I’ve written about that very thing.

The Panda’s Thumb asked for American nominees for bad science for 2009. I jumped in and nominated Don McLeroy’s “Somebody has to stand up to these experts.”

Metamodern talks about the graying of science, but the graph he uses to do so bothers me.

Women in Wetlands asked how many famous female scientists I could identify; I got five.

Ryan Gregory asks at Genomicron how he should get his evolutionary writing out there following a publisher’s decision to move Evolution: Education and Outreach behind a paywall.

Natiiv ponders the popularity of failure; I do some very quick amateur psychology.

No comments: