06 December 2009

Whale shark vs. mimic octopus!

The contest started in an aquarium...



Their rivalry continued in a movie...



And now, the third round... blog war!

By far the most popular posts I’ve written this year were about the mimic octopus and whether it did indeed mimic rather than resemble (at the end of April) and about the whale shark and the size of its brain (in September).

Most hits on the day of posting: Mimic octopus.

Most hits over first month of posting: Whale shark.

To break the tie, I turn to my readers: Which animal will reign supreme?

Update: This poll is now closed; results can be found elsewhere on this blog.

1 comment:

Red said...

Well, I don't know that much about biology, but, I fell like the kraken could beat jaws any day of the week, except shark week of course, so, I have to go with mimic Octopus.